You can see how all those rocks and the cool water might be a haven for snakes. Especially with the field behind us, which they've now begun construction on - encouraging the critters even more to visit our lush backyard. Jay didn't have the heart to kill the copperhead, so he let it go across the street in the bushes of a house that's empty right now. I'm just wondering where this baby's mama is.It makes more sense now why we had a fish attempt suicide last Saturday night. Jay walked outside to see one of our biggest koi flipping on the patio. Now I understand why it lunged itself out of the pond. There are freaking SNAKES in there! And who knows what is between the rocks......oh gosh, I've made myself nauseous just posting this.
Here's a picture of what we found. (no, this is not Jay's hand - its a google image - he is not that brave! (as I was standing 20 feet back on top of a chair screaming while he captured it)

The fish from the Saturday night suicide attempt is okay (surprisingly) and I have thrown the tupperware dish in the trash. It was a really nice one. Before he caught the disgusting thing, Jay was like "go get me a glass jar". Like I keep glass jars around. I don't make jam, Jay! I don't just have a case of Mason jars on hand. So I had to sacrifice my tallest tupperware container. Oh well, that's one way to get rid of the plastics in your house.


5 comments:
I would have rinsed the tupperware out and used it to store the left-overs that night :) :)
I would have definitely been up on the chair with you.....maybe that's why I never go in my backyard!! I don't do insects or reptiles!
Missed you guys this weekend - hope you're doing well!
Do Derrick and I need to come over for a snake killing party? It worked so well with the spiders...
P.S. I would have passed out. I HATE SNAKES. I don't even like to say the word. A professor that works for the university was telling us this weekend that his cat likes to bring LIVE snakes into the house to show his love. Sorry, but if I had a cat like that...he would have gone out with the tupperware!
Yes, please come over and kill the snakes! Kayley has brought in live rats, which wasn't fun, but if she starts bringing in snakes then she will have to find a new home.
Your such a drama queen!!!!
Post a Comment