I have been telling Jay for months that "all i want for my birthday is a massage and benadryl at bedtime with no interruptions until morning". So, that is what I got.
I woke up around 9:00, worked out for a good hour. Showered, hung out with the baby for a little while. Then Jay took Braelyn to Aunt Amy's house because he had to help them with some ceiling fan installation. I spent the time to myself making party favors for Braelyn's upcoming birthday party.

At 3:00 I went to Massage Envy and had a 90 minute Swedish massage. I was drunk on relaxation when I left there. Seriously, I had to sit in my car for a good 5 minutes before I felt confident to operate the vehicle. Went to Target, bought the book Skinny Bitch finally.

I've been doing the vegan thing for two weeks now.
For 2 reasons.
1. lose weight, be healthier
2. for the animals
I did the vegetarian thing a couple of years ago, but was lacto-ovo. Vegan is hard because you can't consume dairy, cheese, eggs.....
I've given myself grace to cheat here and there. I've only cheated once or twice. I haven't had meat, but I've had cheese or something made with dairy at a couple of meals.
I've also been working out more lately. Its tough with Braelyn because the time I have with her, I really want to have quality time with her. But, its important for me to be healthy and in shape. So, I've been working out after she goes to bed. Or, like last night, I went to bed with her at 8:00. So, when I woke up at 5:15 this morning, I decided to do the elliptical. My brother-in-law, Jim, gave us his Total Gym. I haven't learned how to do everything on it yet, but I'm really excited about having it. I used it Tuesday night to do some arm exercises. It is tough. You use the resistance of your body weight. My arms are still sore today.

So, good for me. Maybe my 29th year will be my healthiest yet.


4 comments:
Happy birthday and good for you!!!
My friend went the raw foods route to be healthier and she's looks amazing! Here is her site if you want more information: http://www.vivaraw.com/ Actually, visit the blog portion.
Enjoy the last year of your 20s!
I'm glad you had such a wonderful birthday! Just remember...I will always be older than you! Hope that makes you feel a little younger. Enjoy your 29th year and I look forward to you joining the 30+ crowd next year.
What a great thing to give yourself for your birthday! I also recommed the fruit shakes, it helped me drop a size with a few work outs a week! You are such a healthy eater and to add a workout at home ( with little b close by) will do wonders! I am proud of you- try to get jay to do some cardio too while your at it! His heart will love it!
yes, happy birthday!! what a relaxing and wonderful gift!!
just a heads up...my plan when i turned 29 was to get healthier and work out....a few months later i ended up pregnant ~ it's about time you have another one for my other little boy;)
so i guess my plan should begin again...? i'll be checking in for more inspiration or a baby announcement;) - love you!
Post a Comment