Thursday, July 3, 2008

if your sibling ever had cancer.....

Being the sibling of a cancer survivor - I had to blink the tears out of my eyes about 100 times to finish reading this. Its beautiful and deep down I think I wish my Mom and Dad would tell me the same things, acknowledge those times, even though I understand now and I understood then. I experienced so much of these same feelings, but still knew I was loved beyond words.

I love the internet. Totally moved and heart-touched by a complete stranger's blog.
Dude, I'm such a blogstalker..

Here's the link....Hope For Peyton

2 comments:

Anissa Mayhew said...

I got your message. I GET your message. I have had a lot of parents leave messages for me over the many months and you are my first sibling. I know that all these years later, your parents wish they could have made that time easier, better, normal for you too. But what a hugely compassionate person you are, I THANK YOU for letting me know that my post touched your heart because you sure as heck touched mine.

And by the way, your baby is the cutest thing I have seen in a long time....those big brown eyes are just too yummy....how do you keep from just taking a bite out of her every day?

All the best,
Anissa
www.hope4peyton.org

The Potts Family said...

Anissa -
Yes, it is hard not to eat her up! She just started waving hello this weekend and its the cutest thing I've ever seen.
I'm keeping you bookmarked and in my prayers!