Monday, October 6, 2008

Just pictures

We went to Burleson a couple of weeks ago for my Youth Group Reunion. We had a great time. There were so many of us there you can't really tell who is who in this picture, but I'll post it just the same.


Afterwards, we went to my parents house and Mema played piano with Braelyn. How precious are these pictures? My mom adores Braelyn. I mean, obviously I knew my mom would love my child, but it takes my breath away sometimes how much she loves her. I guess I realize now just how much she loves me.




Our church had Family Covenant Day where they honored all the babies born in the past year. We placed membership when Braelyn was about 4 months, so we got to be included in this year's celebration. We went up to the front of the church with the other families who had newly borns and were prayed over and Brae was presented with a toddler picture book bible that rhymes. We are blessed by a great church family.

And, finally, Jay took this picture of Braelyn the other morning when I went on a Starbucks run. This is what she does when I leave the house or even leave the room. My sitter even said sometimes she'll go to the front door and just sit down, like she's waiting on Mommy to come back. Well, rip my heart out and throw it to the wolves. (did I just make that expression up?)


I may have more pictures to post tomorrow. Jay painted my office over the weekend. The color? LAVENDER!! I freaking love it. He painted on Saturday, so I'm sort of still sniffing the fumes in here, but its calming and girly and froo froo. So, I'll try to bring my camera to work tomorrow and take pictures to post. Nice thing about working for your father-in-law:

"Hey Jack, I'm going to paint my office lavender, okay?"
"What?"
"You know, lavender, a calming color"
" Ah, Crap, whatever. Go ahead."
" 'K, thanks!"

4 comments:

Mrs. Bianca said...

oh wow, I thought you meant your home office!! I can't wait to see pictures!

Honeyed Hashette said...

She is so stinking cute. really. I meant it.
I can't wait to see pictures of your office. :)

A. Lee said...

I love the pictures of your mom playing the piano with Braelyn...precious!
That's awesome that you got to paint your office...definite perk of working for family! Can't wait to see pics!

amygim said...

I tagged you :)