Thursday, June 12, 2008

My funny Husband

This is the kind of stuff Jay does after I go to bed at night. I just happened to stay up late the night he was working in the attic, making it more energy-efficient.
He had to put this suit on b/c he was spraying radiant barrier paint in our attic. This reduces the amount of heat transfer that comes in the attic, therefore lowering the heat in the attic, which lowers the heat in the house, so the AC doesn't run as much, so you don't pay an arm and a leg on your electric bill. Sorry for the run-on.
So, I just had to take a picture in his hazmat ensemble.


He's always doing projects at our house. Most nights he cleans the house top to bottom after Braelyn and I go to bed. He's a late owl. Very late. So late he takes a nap during lunch every day at work. He dusts and vacuums every night, since Braelyn is all over the place now and we have 2 very furry dogs who shed. We just hired cleaners to come in and deep clean twice a month. They start tomorrow and we're excited! It just gets hard to clean once you have a kid. I try to do as much as I can on the weekends. But on the weeknights my time is spent doing a load of dishes, packing the diaper bag for the next day, feeding, bath time, and enjoying my baby girl before she goes to sleep. So, at least with the maid service we don't have to worry about deep cleaning. Picking up is easy.
This is turning into a random, rambling post. Main objective was to see Jay in his funny, scary outfit.

3 comments:

Mrs. Bianca said...

I didn't know you could do radiant barrier yourself. Where did he buy the spray stuff? We'd like to do that.

The Potts Family said...

He got it online. He paid $50 plus the paint which was $30. And then I guess his little outfit cost money too. He said what he bought doesn't have a guarantee with it. They don't guarantee it will work. But,if you get it professionally done its about $1500. He's done only half of our attic but can see that the temp in our attic during the day has dropped. It used to hover around 130 and now its maintaining about 115 on the hottest days. Our AC is also running less during the day. So, we think its working. He's going to do the other half soon.
If you want more info on it you can email him @ jaypotts29@yahoo.com. I'm sure he'll give you the website, etc.

Meredith Braaten, CD(DONA) said...

Ditto to bianca's post...we're about to hire someone to do our new house. But Chris knows someone...???