Friday, June 20, 2008

I don't like to work on Fridays

You always can tell when someone in the office has made popcorn. Sometimes the popcorn smell makes you want to eat some as well. Other times it just makes you nauseated. And, then, like today, at 10:20 am (who wants popcorn this early?) someone burns their bag of popcorn. Pay attention to the setting on the microwave that is specifically designed to pop popcorn. Then, read the bag! Don't you know you're supposed to take the bag out when there are 2-3 seconds in between popping sounds? We will all be smelling burnt popcorn for the rest of the day because someone failed to follow directions. You shouldn't really eat microwave popcorn anyways. Read here and here. But I guess it shouldn't surprise me that someone here didn't follow directions. Most people here don't -myself included. I mean, I'm sure posting 2-3 blogs a week during my workday isn't exactly acceptable to management. Oh wait, no one really manages here either. Except Jay. He tries to. Then, I tell him. "Sweetie, even if you are the boss someday, keep in mind that you will never be my boss." Best thing he could do is to fire me from the start, just tack my salary on to his, and I'd be golden.



My friend Brooke is coming over tonight and I couldn't be more excited. I haven't seen her since January b/c life just gets so busy. We were inseparable in college, especially during my last semester. We would drink boxed wine and watch episode after episode of Friends. We would make beaded bracelets and have playdates with our dogs. We also can talk about anything. One of our favorite memories is how we sat up late one night and had a 20 minute conversation about lettuce. I think I may pick up some boxed wine tonight in celebration, and I've already got Friends DVD's by the TV.

In other news this week, cosleeping has come to an end for us. Braelyn crawled off the end of the bed the other night. I woke up to her crying, couldn't find her, she was on the floor. My heart dropped. She seemed to be more scared than hurt, but I felt so guilty. Usually I fall asleep holding her, with my arm across her legs. Typically, I also wake up when she makes any sort of sound. This night I turned onto my stomach because my shoulder has been bothering me, thus it was hurting to be on my side facing her. Our routine has been that we fall asleep lying down with her, then once she's asleep we put her in her little mini-crib by the bed. However, if she wakes up in the middle of the night, I can sometimes just put her in our bed and catch a couple more hours of sleep. Now, I've got to wait until she falls asleep and put her back in her crib. I think once she turns a year old, I'll move her to her own room. She's going to outgrow her mini-crib soon anyways. Some people might not get it, but for me, cosleeping has been so important. Since I'm away from her so much, its time to be close and reconnect. I'm glad we've been able to do it this long. I can still snuggle up to her when I'm putting her to bed at night, but no more sleeping for Mommy when B is in the bed. I just can't risk her breaking her neck. You know, that's sort of something I'd rather not deal with. :) So, thank God she didn't get hurt. She's just got a little mark above her eye. Cosleeping gets tricky when they get mobile.
Also, update on Braelyn. She doesn't suck her thumb anymore. I sucked my thumb until I was 5 so i just thought she'd do the same. I was already looking to the future when I'd have to buy that bad tasting nail polish to break the habit. But, no. She's lost interest in the thumb. She does chew on the corner of her blanket sometimes though, which is odd. My baby is becoming a toddler. It happens so fast. She's also walking with a walker. I didn't think I'd use a walker, but our neighbor gave us one and Braelyn likes it. I bet she'll be walking on her own before her birthday.

Well, now that I've wasted a good amount of time I will attempt to do an hour of work.

Oh wait,
I forgot to mention our Fathers Day. We celebrated last Saturday with both Jay's parents, sister & family and my parents & sister. It was a good time. We cooked out with chicken, hot dogs, hamburgers. You have got to try these Organic hot dogs I got at Sprouts.
They are so good and I don't feel guilty about eating them and Braelyn can eat them too. Jay bought himself his gift. Trust me, he'd rather buy his own gift. He ended up getting flowers to add some color to the yard. I got him a card and one from Braelyn too.
Here is his first picture with his little girl. Jay is such a good Daddy and loves his baby so much. She will be able to get whatever she wants out of him.

Now I guess I'll get to work.
or maybe I'll discover something else I want to blog about and I'll be back.

No comments: