We took Braelyn to the Dallas Aquarium today and it was a lot of fun. She was overwhelmed with all the different birds and fish she got to see. My favorite was the penguins. I had no idea how cute they were up close. How do you go about buying a penguin? I'd like one or two to just walk around my house. I could put cute little bow-tie collars on them. Adorable.
The aquarium is very exotic and so pretty inside. However, its also really narrow which makes it hard to manuever a stroller. There were a lot of people there, too. I don't know if that is a normal turn out, or maybe more people were there due to the holiday.
So, there were different areas of animals. Like all the pink flamingos were in an area, sharks and other fish, etc. Then, there was this one area that Jay and I thought was a little odd, kind of funny. There were 2 weird looking birds, 2 baby owls, and 3 rabbits. Its like they had an empty space and just grabbed a few fill-in animals. The rabbits were totally out of place. I mean, they weren't exotic rabbits or anything. They look just like the one I can see out my window right now. So, I guess someone in charge thought "yeah, lets just throw some rabbits in the mix". I don't know, but we thought it was pretty funny.
There was an alligator that looked really depressed. It made me sad. His area was much too small and he just looked miserable. Not like I'm going to be the person to free him, but he really should be released or at least given a more habitable environment than where he was. I like going to the zoo and enjoyed the aquarium, but when you really think about it, it is kind of cruel. I mean, its great we get to see these animals, but I bet most of them aren't happy. Oh, well, I won't get off on a tangent. It was a fun thing to do for our day off together.


3 comments:
I love the penguins too! They always make me smile.
Great Pictures. I bet Braelyn was extremely overwhelmed by all the animals and people. Just wait until she is a little older and in school. You are going to get bombarded with questions about all the animals.
Wonderful job! How did she react being there. She looks like she had a great time. I've never been and Don has been wanting to go, but I don't know if Mari is too little for that, yet.
Thanks for sharing!
Post a Comment