Drugstore.com is having some good sales in the "Green and Natural" section of their online store right now. As a bonus, when you spend $30 in the G&N store, you get a Kiss My Face bag full of $60 worth of free "natural" products. I spent only $33.24 and got the following:
2 ChickenPoop lip balms (buy one, get one free)
Better Life Nursery Cleaner (32 oz)
Kiss My Face Patchouli shave gel
Seventh Generation All Purpose Cleaner (32 oz)
Seventh Generation Tub & Tile Cleaner (32 oz)
Method Body Lotion (8 oz)
Method Diaper Cream (free; buy one get one free on MethodBaby)
Plus FREE SHIPPING and $60 worth of green and natural samples! I think its always good to be able to get samples of these type of products, since they are always more expensive than your other options. So, you can try it before you spend an arm and a leg on the full size.
I can't wait to get my goodies in! And, did I mention free shipping? (I know I did, I'm just a Repeat Pete.) I almost refuse to buy online unless I can find a free shipping offer. Some of these online stores will charge you shipping that is probably three times what its actually costing them to ship you product. That's ridiculous and just plain stupid.
Guess what else is coming in the mail to me this week???? Hair Dye. Yep, I'm going brown and I'm doing it myself and I am REALLY NERVOUS!!!! However, I am sick of keeping my hair blonde. Its too expensive for me to afford it every 6-7 weeks, which is how often I need it since my hair grows fast. So I'm going back to my natural color - whatever that IS after having it blonde for ten years!!??? I chose to buy a product recommended in my book Gorgeously Green (awesome book, by the way). Hair dye in the stores or at the salon is really bad for you. Its got nasty chemicals and ammonia. ICK. When you highlight your hair, the bleach doesn't actually touch your scalp, so the effects of the chemicals aren't as serious. With dye, its getting into your scalp. So, Gorgeously Green listed several options for hair color that is a little safer and ammonia free. I bought a dye by the brand Herbatint. It had the best reviews out of all the more natural hair dyes out there. Lets hope it works. Lets hope I don't end up with green hair. Because if I do....guess what? I'm going to let some salon soak my head in ammonia drenched brown dye. I'm not so green that I can live with green hair. Hopefully I'll be posting some photos soon of my new brunette locks. If you don't see pictures in the next few weeks, then something may have gone terribly & tragically wrong. I may be in a salon somewhere with ammonia fumes coming out of my ears.
Monday, March 2, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
If you need my help with the dye, I'm always next door.
you're funny! I'm sure it'll come out great. Can't wait to see pics!
Post a Comment