Friday, March 6, 2009

its brown, not green! yea!


Here's the picture I promised I would post if my hair turned out okay.
It was the easiest thing in the world to do. It only took 40 minutes to process the color and then I shampooed, conditioned, and wahlah....I'm a brunette.
When I'm rich one day maybe I'll go back to the blonde, but for now I'll save $800 a year and stay brown.

6 comments:

Alison said...

I'm impressed, and ready to see it in person. Although, I have to admit a tiny piece of me was hoping it would be green....St. Patrick's day is coming and all! You'd make a cute leprechaun! :)

The Potts Family said...

Alison - you may get your wish....its kind of turned a shade of green over the weekend. I guess from chlorine in the tap water? Jay actually came up with that one. Seems like something I would say, right?
So,now...I don't really know what to do. Can they fix it??
I need to get a haircut, so maybe I'll find out then.
I just don't get it. It looked great the first night.
Lisa, are you reading this? What the heck is going on??? What do I do? Besides letting it stay green until after the 17th so I can be festive? :)

Mrs. Bianca said...

It looks great. I would recommend you get a shampoo with a tint in it to restore/retain the color. I assume it wasn't a permanent color, right? So it would eventually wash out.

http://www.brightonbeautysupply.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=7444

or something with henna in it:
http://store.hello-gorgeous.net/hecoshgobr.html

Lauren said...

I always thought you looked nice with brown hair.

The Potts Family said...

Whew. Hair update. Got it "fixed" at the Paul Mitchell school...I have a friend who works there and so I wasn't just blindly letting students mess my hair up even more.

Anyhoo - they put a semi-permanent color in over the color I had done. I'm glad they didn't "strip" it. That sounds way too damaging. Anyway, now its a nice color of brown with a little auburn. But, not green. It had turned green over the weekend - well, there was a definite hue!

Pretty much I have to keep doing this semi-permanent stuff (about every 4 weeks) until all the blond in my hair has grown out...then when this darker dye fades, my natural color will start to show.

Freaking hair drama...and I'm such a lazy hair person to begin with.
The good thing about going to Paul Mitchell school though??
The PRICE !!
Hair color
Hair cut, blow dry, style
Lemon & Sage Shampoo
Lemon & Sage Conditioner
$10 tip to the student.
Total amount paid: $70

Groovy, huh? I mean, as long as you have someone who knows what they're doing! But its very supervised. They can't just pick out what they're going to use on your hair. The teachers have to approve it, etc. So, really you're in good hands I guess.

All I know is my hair is not green in the sunlight anymore and that makes me happy.

I am kind of missing my blonde. Jay is really missing the blonde and wants me to go back ASAP. But I'm going to get my natural color back! that is my goal.

Geez, I need to stop procrastinating and get back to work.

Sherry Turner said...

I have to say that I think the festive look would have been fun!! Just kidding. I wish you would have taken a picture just so we could see the "green tint." I am glad it worked out for you. Where is this Paul Mitchell school?