
My precious baby is a year old! Seriously? Already?
We had a birthday party on Saturday with family only. It was nice to keep it small. I'm not ready for all those screaming kids yet. I will have small birthday parties for as long as I can! Our theme was cupcakes and I shall let the pictures tell the rest. Braelyn was sleepy near the end of the party. She crashed (probably coming off the sugar) when everyone left.

My girlfriend Janna who is perfect and flawless in every way, and is got more going on in the talent department than Martha Stewart or Rachel Ray could ever dream of, made the cupcakes. Seriously, Janna is that person who always has everything together, or at least can make it look that way. She is a gourmet cook, and interior designer, does flower arrangements, makes her own Christmas cards, always looks cute, has no cellulite (bitch) - hey, that's a talent!, and more important than all of that - she LOVES her friends and I am so lucky to be one of them.
Janna made 2 dozen cupcakes - vanilla with strawberry cream cheese icing and chocolate with marshmallow cream icing. They were to die for. She also made accompanying decorations for them - fondant flowers in various colors, and "B"'s made out of chocolate.

She added a tiara to the "B" for Braelyn's cupcake.

Not too many decorations. We had a banner and some balloons. I also decorated her high chair in pink. Braelyn loved the balloons. Brynley was terrified of them and sat on the couch for the entire party keeping an eye on the evil balloons.
Braelyn got lots of fun toys. Wooden pull toys - a snake and a doggie. A drum, maracas, toy cell phone, books, a tent, her own chair, clothes, and much more. She was spoiled rotten with gifts. (as she should be on her very first birthday)


Overwhelming amount of gifts!

After presents, it was time for cupcakes! Braelyn got a vanilla cupcake with strawberry cream cheese icing. Hey, there was vitamin C and calcium, right? She only had a little bit, but you can tell she liked it.
You're letting me eat sugar? seriously?
She loves to feed Mommy.
and Uncle Jim.....
Everyone left with a fabulous party favor handmade by me. Hey, I don't get very crafty anymore so I was really proud of my candy cupcakes.
More pictures from the day....With her Pepa (my Dad...they look alike, totally)
Aunt Kim (my sister)
With Mema and Grandmom
With Pepa and Granddaddy
Aunt Amy and Aunt Kim (doesn't Brae have the most gorgeous Aunties?)
After the party, and before she took a long nap, she played in her castle for a little while.

It was a great party; everything I hoped it would be.


6 comments:
So precious!! Happy late Birthday Braelyn!! Looked like she had so much fun! Birthdays are all about spoiling :) especially the first one!
Janna's cupcakes looked awesome...naturally! Makes me hungry.
Oh, and I loved your party favors!! What a cute idea! :) Your such a good mommy!!!!
Can I have Janna as a friend? Seriously, those cupcakes are amazing!! I'm going to have to start stalking her blog. I loved, loved the party favors and that dress is so cute on her!
Awww...you're making me reconsider my theme for Mari's birthday!
I can't believe she is 1. Doesn't seem possible...that party looked SO cute!
happy birthday!!! looks like y'all had a great party! braelyn is adorable-loved her pics!
Looks like fun! Why wasn't my birthday that cute??
What a FUN party...I am seriously impressed! The theme was precious, Janna's cupcakes looked professional, and Braelyn looked like the princess that she is. And I am super impressed with your party favors...that takes talent! Tell Braelyn Happy late Birthday from her Aunt Brooke :)
Post a Comment