I took the day off yesterday and got to stay home with Braelyn. My Mom usually watches her on Tuesdays, but wasn't able to come yesterday. Braelyn and I had so much fun. Of course, it made me ache to stay home with her all the time! I stayed in my pajamas most of the day. I decided I would lose a lot of weight if I were a stay at home mom b/c you don't really have much time to eat! We read books, played with Tickle-me-Elmo, worked on crawling. She's not much of a napper. One in the morning, one in the afternoon, one in the early evening, each lasting about an hour. I also gave her cereal at two meals yesterday. Lunch and dinner. She's so cute when she eats from a spoon. I also gave her a little taste of my avocado; she made a face I'd not seen before! I've had this thing with avocados lately. I think I'm the only person who had very few cravings while pregnant, but when I'm not pregnant I get on these weird food kicks. Right now its avocado and red bell pepper and dried apricots.
Jay said that maybe in a year we can work something out to where I can stay home one day a week. Of course, I was hoping for more, but one day is better than nothing! Or maybe I could work from 9-3 instead of 8-5 each day and have more hours with Braelyn. Its so hard letting other people take care of your baby. I'm so thankful for my mom, Jay's mom, and Maria. They are God-sends and they are the closest thing to me being home with her. I just have this deep nagging ache for Braelyn when I'm at work. I am missing out on her smiles, her laughs. I do count my very many blessings, but yesterday gave me a glimpse into the tiring, but rewarding life of a stay at home mom. I had such a good day with my precious girl and I wish I had more of those days.
Wednesday, January 16, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
You are breaking my heart over here. I can't even begin to think about that yet!
Glad you were able to spend the day with her. Sounds like fun!
Seriously...you're making me all teary eyed and sad!
I want you to stay home too!
Whaaa!
Post a Comment