Thursday, January 3, 2008

Our Weekend / New Years

Here is Braelyn and me - prettied up for shopping. Why won't Brae EVER smile for pictures? She smiles all the time until you put a camera in front of her. Oh well, she's still adorable. Look at her pouty lips!
Aunt Kim came into town on Saturday and we had lots of fun. We went to Maggiano's - YUM!

I actually had to change a poopy diaper at Maggiano's, but had to wait in line first for this lady to change her son's diaper.....and he had on 4 layers of clothes.....all with at least seven snaps at the bottom. You think I'm kidding? I'm not. I witnessed her snap up the onesie, then some type of pajamas, then some pants, and finally a huge parka bodysuit that made this poor baby look like the marshmallow man. To make matters worse, she was so incredibly SLOW changing his diaper I thought I was going to die. Could she not SEE me there, right over her shoulder? Better yet, could she not smell the dirty diaper next to her? I thought I was pretty patient for the first 15 minutes. However, when she had him all snapped up (all 100 snaps) she started playing with him on the changing table - lifting him up and down in the air over the table. That's when I said "Mam, I really need to change her diaper". Clueless, she apologized and left the restroom with the baby. I had been waiting so long that my sister actually came looking for me in the restroom to see if we were okay. So, I started telling my sister why I was just now unsnapping Braelyn's ONE layer of clothing. When I finish the story -complete with my own dramatics of course- I notice that the slow diaper-changer lady is washing her hands in the sink beside me......I had seen her leave the restroom, had no idea she had come back in. I had just gone on a 5 minute rant about her and apparently she heard the whole thing. Maybe she was in the stall when I was doing my dramatic gestures. And later I thought maybe, hopefully, the toilet was running loudly and possibly she didn't hear everything. I felt horrible. Hopefully, she didn't understand everything I said b/c I don't think she spoke much English, nonetheless I felt so bad that Kim ended up saying a prayer just so I could let it go and enjoy my day. Note to self: Make sure before you start talking smack about someone that they aren't in the same room! I felt like the snottiest of snots. But, really, she was so slow that anyone would have lost their patience with her.

So, then we left to go shopping at Willow Bend. Serious shopping is really hard to get done with a baby in tow, so I will have to venture out on my own to use those gift cards I got for Christmas. (Hopefully they don't expire, b/c it could be a long time before I get to go anywhere solo!)

Braelyn got a cute outfit from Baby Style - which is a really fun store. They have organic cotton teethers there! Speaking of, does anyone know where to locally buy wooden teethers? I bought a couple online, but hate paying the shipping. There's got to be an all natural baby store somewhere in the metroplex. If not, I should open one and make lots of money.

It was a long day at the mall. Braelyn enjoyed looking around. She's really soaking up her environment right now. Her Aunt Kim carried her a lot. Aunt Kim LOVES her niece!
Here is Aunt Kim feeding Braelyn her lunch..
Sunday, Mike & Jen and Kim (non-aunt) came over. We watched the Cowboys lose (boo) and got to see Kim's wedding dress. It's a gorgeous dress and she looks beautiful in it.
Later on, Jennifer and I went to Bed, Bath, & Beyond where I bought a food processor, toaster, and a pan for making poached eggs. Then we went to JoAnn's where I spent $45 on scrapbook materials, when I've YET to scrapbook one minute of Braelyn's life. Maybe I'll have time when she's 15. It's really ridiculous the amount of scrapbook stuff I've got! Can't I just pay someone to do it for me?

New Years Eve proved how pathetic I am. I went to bed at 9:00, woke up at 2:00 am, only because Braelyn did. Completely missed the countdown. The champagne I bought is still in the fridge...unopened. And, poor Jay - His NYE was just as pathetic (partly my fault as I slept and he unsuccessfully tried to wake me) He was on the phone with a tech from our ISP trying to fix our connection when the New Year turned. He said they wished each other a Happy 2008....how sad! My, how the times have changed!

New Years Day we celebrated Jacob's 2nd birthday at his "Thomas the Train" party.
Well, that's it. This is kind of a boring post, but it was probably my most eventful weekend since Braelyn's been born!

2 comments:

Mrs. Bianca said...

Sounds like a busy weekend! I was laughing so hard reading your post about the diaper changing lady. OMG...people like that irritate me. It must be nice to go through life and be completely unaware of your surroundings.

Anyway, I know this doesn't answer your post, but I do like this site: http://www.ecowise.com/. I'll be headed to Austin in the next few months and plan to make a pit stop at their actual store. Let me know if you ever want to place an online order (with any retailer) and I wouldn't mind ordering with you to split the shipping costs.

Honeyed Hashette said...

Hey- FYI- if you want someone to scrapbook for Braelyn- you can pay me. :)
All I ask is that you pay for the supplies, photo printing and then a flat fee for labor. Just a thought. I put a scrapbook together for Allison's sister in law's wedding photos and it was CUTE! You can actually see a few pictures on the blog. Just type "scrapbook" in the search bar.
LOVE YOU and look forward to our road trip. WISH BRAE BRAE WAS COMING!