Monday, January 19, 2009

just because I haven't in a while

I thought I'd at least blog something so that everyone knows, yes, I am still alive and still wasting time at work by being online. I guess I haven't blogged lately b/c everything has pretty much been routine for a long time now. Same thing, different day. I'm not complaining. I am the type who requires routine. However, it leaves nothing that interesting to post here.

Braelyn is growing up so fast. I look at her now and she's a toddler and I can almost see her as a little girl. She's really looking like Jay now. Their eyes are the same. Beautiful big brown eyes. She is going through a phase where she wants me to hold her non stop, so I've got to buy a sling SOON. Any suggestions, mommas? I know there are a lot out there. My back is killing me. I don't mind wearing her, but its got to be in a sling with more even distribution of weight.

She loves Brynley. She loves snuggling with her Brynnie. Its precious. Brynley is so good with her, which for all of you who know our psycho dog, it's come a surprise. Braelyn is constantly giving her hugs and kisses.

Braelyn is talking a lot, not saying much I understand outside a few words, but she's saying something for sure. Words we do understand are Momma, Daddy, Puppy, Bottle, This, Blankie, Up, No, Uh-Oh, Hi, Hello, Here you go, Kitty, this, Ow!, juice, milk, sock. There are probably more but that's all I can think of right now.
I sing and rock her to sleep at night now. We co slept off and on for about a year. She was in our room for the first year and in the bed often. I loved that time so much and for us, it worked. No doubt I'll do the same with the next baby if it works as well as it did with Brae. When she was about a year old we switched her to her room and there really was no traumatic transition period. I don't know if I would have switched her if there had been. She loves being in her own bed and in her own room. I enjoy reading in my bed at night and taking a bath without disturbing her. But, anyway, for a while she wouldn't let me rock her. She just wanted to either be awake and playing or be put in her bed without snuggle time. Now she is letting me rock her, wanting me to rock her, and I am loving it. I sing to her too but sometimes I wonder if she prefers me to sing or prefers the quiet. I wonder if one day she'll say "mom can you just be quiet and let me sleep?". But anyway, I love our bedtime routine now. I love holding her in my arms and having that time with her.

Braelyn and I went to the Frisco Library on Tuesday for Story Time. It was so much fun. She had a blast and does not know a stranger. She was dancing, singing, sitting in every available chair. She picked up three or four board books from the shelf and ironically they all had bunnies on the front cover or the title of the book had something to do about bunnies. Her very favorite book is Pat the Bunny. I told my Mom this and she said "oh, that's a sign of high intelligence to recognize things that look alike at that age". My mom used to be a teacher, so that was such a teacher and adoring biased Mema thing to say. It made me laugh. Whether its a sign of intelligence or not, I guess at least she'll really enjoy Easter this year.

Can you tell I'm posting for no other reason just b/c I haven't in a while??

Of course I'm excited about the new President and just hope and pray the next four years will change our nation. I'm not naive enough to think that change lies in one person. Just the same way that Bush isn't solely responsible for every single thing some of the media would like to pin on him. Don't get me wrong, I'm very glad Bush is no longer our President, but I think deep down he is a good man who in my opinion just wasn't meant for the role. I think Obama is a good guy too and just pray that government makes some good decisions for the good of OUR people here in the next four years. I thought it was really sweet of the Bush daughters to leave a letter for Sasha and Malia. Speaking of them, are they not the cutest little girls? It will be fun to watch them grow up.

I'm mad at my usual favorite show, Private Practice, because of the last two episodes. One they did about the MMR vaccine really irritated me. Of course its not like I expected them to promote anything less than mainstream propaganda. But, what really makes me mad is that Addison and the SWAT guy - Kevin - aren't doing well. What is wrong with Addison?? She kissed the new, weird Dr. who works for Charlotte. SWAT guy or a Doctor? Um, SWAT guy. Hot guy. So, I'm hoping tonight maybe the show will redeem itself. Maybe Kevin and Addison will come to their senses.

I can put Brae's hair up in pigtails now and its great because she can't pull them out like she does her bows.
I'm racking my brain to think if I have anything else to ramble on about for ramblings' sake.

Valentines Day is going to be fun. We're staying at the "W" hotel and having a whole day of fun before that. Braelyn is staying the night with Jay's parents that night which will be pretty strange for us. She hasn't spent a night away from me in almost a year. But, it will be good for Jay and I to have time together. We're looking forward to it.

Well, I can't think of anything else to bore my 2 readers with. If you've even held out this long.
But I'm alive and still lurking around in blog land.

10 comments:

Mrs. Bianca said...

and I was just going to post a note to nudge you to write something!! Thanks for my Braelyn fix!! I simply adore those little piggie tails!!!! Cutie pie! I can do some on the top of Mari's head, but I haven't tried the sides. Definitely going to try that while Mom is in town.

Have you stayed at the W before?? If not, shoot me a note or IM and we can chat about it. I heart the W. Bliss...

Glad you are alive!

Heather Gradke said...

Reader #2 checking in :)

C said...

I have one of these:
http://www.all-natural-mommies.com/cart/index.php?_a=viewCat&catId=20

and LOVE it! My friend had it made for me as a gift knowing I wanted to carry K as a baby, and we can still use it when she'll stay still.. she's not in that hold-me phase yet :( You're welcome to borrow it if you want to try it out before buying one. At the bottom of the page there's a link to the Mei Tai wearing instructions so you can see how it works for a toddler. :)
Also, I'm not too thrilled with Private Practice right now either. What are they thinking?! Addison better straighten out tonight! :P

The Potts Family said...

Bianca - I've never been. You'll have to fill me in on what to see. Do they have a spa there? Maybe I could schedule a couples massage or something. I know we'll go to the Ghost Bar that night which gives me an excuse to buy a sexy dress!

Candas - I would love to borrow the sling to see if I liked it. Thanks so much! I looked at them and they're not that expensive. Can you also carry the baby on your back?
Braelyn does great in the "hip hammock" I have, but its just really bad on my back. It has all her weight on the left side and the strap pulls at my right shoulder. Very uncomfortable.

Anonymous said...

I am SO glad you posted. I always check to see if you've written anything new!! Have a wonderful weekend.

Meredith Braaten, CD(DONA) said...

I'm so glad my pals haven't posted in a while b/c I have NOT had time to read them.

GEEZ, WTH is up with Priv practice? I was SO incredibly disappointed with the HARD CORE propoganda that they spread. That doc better get some consequences for his actions.

The Potts Family said...

Yes, I was disgusted with Private Practice on the MMR episode. They made the mother look like an unintelligent neglectful parent. I'm delaying vaxes for Brae based on my research and opinions. If I had a child who had been injured by the MMR vaccine, no way in HELL would I give my other children the shot. But, no, they deemed her neglectful. I was IRATE when they brought up reporting her to CPS.

How come you have the right to deny treatment for your child for something like, life threatening cancer, based on your beliefs, but some people think you should have no rights when it comes to injecting your infant child with viruses and neurotoxins to a perfectly healthy immune system. Seriously, when my brother had cancer there was another kid his age who had Hodgkins. Steve died because his parents' religion did not believe in blood transfusions. So, he needed a bone marrow transplant, but they elected to not do that. He died, and no Doctor forced the bmt on him. They weren't reported to CPS (as far as I know) Honestly, I feel sad for him b/c he was a teenager and never got to make that decision for himself, really. I don't know if he believed the same or not. But my point is that those parents were left to make the choice. But we want to take away the rights of the parents to make non-life threatening medical decisions?? grrrr.....yeah, if a Doctor ever gave my child anything without my consent I would make it my life mission to end their career.
And, now after watching PP again last night I'm just ticked off b/c Addison is so stupid!!!! I loved Kevin the hot SWAT guy. sigh. I told Jay I was going to buy him a SWAT t shirt for him to wear around the house. ha ha.

Honeyed Hashette said...

I love that picture of her in her adorable little piggy tails. SO CUTE!

A. Lee said...

I love your rambling! :) It's fun to read. Brae is SO cute with those little pig tails! They were my favorite as a kid!!

I can't believe how big she is getting!! I haven't seen her in so long! :(

Your Valentines plans sound like fun! I've never stayed at the W, but we toured it one time when I was in town for an ID meeting-it's so cool and hip. We got to go up and see someone's apartment that LIVED there (a client of one of the girls I was with)...amazing!

Cyn said...

Jay came by with B this morning- She looks soooooo adorable in pigtails! Sorry we couldn't go out with y'all. Raincheck.