Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Date Night / Tribute to Jay

Grandparents kept Braelyn last night and Jay and I went out. Early Valentines Day, I guess you could say. We went to this new Irish pub in Frisco called Lochrann's. The atmosphere was great. We sat at the bar and listened to the live music - a guy, his guitar, and cover songs. He butchered a U2 song that was requested by a lady celebrating her 40th birthday, but the other songs were pretty good. I requested "Little Pink Houses" (why this is always my request song, I don't know. I think my sister requested it once at a bar a long, long time ago and so its become the song I always request) I guess he didn't know Little Pink Houses very well, so he played Jack & Diane, which was all right.

The food was SO good. You can read about the chef here. I had the Three Cheese Boxty Pancakes (potato pancakes). Janna, you've got to learn to make these next. My goodness, they were wonderful. Jay had some sandwich that was really like a Philly Cheese Steak, but they called it something else. I also had 2 yummy lemon drop martinis made with fresh squeezed lemon juice, just the way I like 'em.

We missed Braelyn and decided "going out" is just different than it used to be. We had a good time of course, but it just feels weird going out now. I almost felt like we were on vacation, especially since it was a place I'd never been to. I had this nostalgic New York moment at one point. I told Jay "I feel like I'm in New York" (it was cold and I was wearing my coat that I took to NY in 2000). I only wish Manhattan was that close to our house!
btw, I wanted to take a picture of us on our night out to post, but Jay's got this HUGE pimple and wouldn't let me. :)

Now for a little Valentines tribute to my hubby....
This is us in California 2005 (a wee bit sunburned)


I went to bed at 10:30 last night - LATE night for me, right? I woke up this morning and Jay had detail cleaned the house top to bottom. He's so wonderful. He does that all the time. I do the dishes, he does the rest. He's a much better cleaner than I am and he's so fast. He can have the entire house cleaned - REALLY clean - in the same amount of time I can clean one bathroom. Thank you Diane for teaching Jay such skills. Also, I've not mopped once in the 5 years we've been married. Not one time. I don't think I even know how. He mops. He cleans. He fixes things. He builds decks. He lays hardwood floors. He paints walls, garages, and furniture. He does all the yard work. He told me the other day that his love language (have you read the book?) is doing things for others. Well, he must love me a lot, because he does just about everything! My love language is giving quality time. (its the easiest one, doesn't require a lot of effort..ha ha)
Besides all the things he does for our family and others (he's always helping out friends), he truly loves me unconditionally and I've never doubted that. We've grown up together (we've been together for 10 years now) and in him I've found my soul mate. Seeing him as a Daddy has magnified my love for him even more. Braelyn is so lucky to have Jay for a Dad. He is head over heels in love with his daughter and I can't wait to see all the fun they'll have together in the years to come. The number one thing I love about my husband is his humor. Not a day goes by that he doesn't make me laugh - and its usually several times a day, especially since we work together too. He's just so funny.
Happy Valentines Jay - I love you a bushel and a peck and a hug around the neck.

2 comments:

Honeyed Hashette said...

Julie, that was the sweetest post!
We are so lucky to have such great husbands!

Mrs. Bianca said...

so sweet! perfect read for Valentine's Day!